Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Not #1 Anymore ....

This year has started really good.

I'm at a place in my life where I'm completely happy with a lot of things, work, family, health, comedy, and thats about it ... notice that my love life is not in the aforementioned??  My love life is always going to be shit but on the whole, everything else is better!

When I started doing comedy my #1 goal was to be the best comedian in the world! For the first couple of years, I really felt like I hit that mark in my writing & performing and now a days I don't feel like I need to prove my talent to anyone anymore.  If anyone doesn't think I'm funny or I'm the funniest, I don't care because I put my time in.  And believe it or not but my skill set actually transcends comedy which is why I've been having the best time doing drag lately.

Since I've come to this new self acceptance, I can already feel the good vibrations coming in and this is where the fun part of my comedy career actually begins.  Before, it felt like my comedy writing was work and I had a second job to report to.  Now, when I write and perform, theres no work related stress.   I just let ideas roll thru my head and I don't have to struggle with my ideas like I use to.  Don't get me wrong, working & crafting out a joke still takes some finesse but the only difference this time, it doesn't feel forced. My next hour is going to be good.

2015 is going to be a good writing year for me!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment